EdTechSA: Digital Technologies Workshop
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$30 – $70
As part of its support for the Digital Technologies curriculum, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training is providing national professional learning for several aspects of Digital Technologies. Digital Technologies Workshops are offered by EdTechSA on behalf of the Australian Computing Academy (for the University of Sydney).
The workshop is a full-day training session to prepare teachers F-10 to teach the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies. The workshop provides an introduction of the concepts and goals of the Digital Technologies curriculum, as well as providing teachers with practical programming assistance to deliver the new curriculum in their classrooms.
The workshops will involve a curriculum overview, followed by a programming introduction using the Australian Digital Technologies Challenges being developed by the ACA.
Workshops are: Members $30 and Non-Members $70, which includes morning tea and a light lunch.
Attendees are asked to bring their laptop computer and power supply.
Who Should Attend?
There is no prior knowledge required! Come along if you are starting out or wish to further your expertise.
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
- Advice of Digital Technologies Scope and Sequence across the grade levels
- Unpack the curriculum suited to your level of experience
- Hands on experience with free, project based, classroom ready resources that are targeted to the curriculum
- Explore various programming tools available, including text and visual based programming and object orientated approaches
- Coding in Blockly
- Coding in Python