EESSA Inc Conference 1st June 2019
June 1 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$105.99 – $158.49
Sustainability is a cross-curriculum priority and connects to a range of actions and learning opportunities linked to both the Early Years Learning Framework and the Australian Curriculum. Before we can embed sustainability we must first learn, then live and teach it to others.
The EESSA Inc conference Learn It, Live It, Teach It ….. Embedding Sustainability provides an opportunity for educators across all career levels to build their knowledge and skills, and to explore ideas from key advocates in education for sustainability.
Join us as we explore:
- What is Education for Sustainability and why is it important in the early years?
- Environmentally Responsible: beyond a duty, a paradigm shift
- Saving the world with gardening
- Indigenous perspectives on sustainability
- Pecha Kucha style provocations – why education for sustainability and EfS in practice
The initial conference will be followed by two smaller events to further grow your knowledge and skills. These sessions will involve a focus on case studies of best practice in embedding sustainability and planning and teaching sustainability.
This conference addresses:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: Standard 1.3, Standard 1.5, Standard 2.4, Standard 4.1, Standard 6.2, Standard 7.4
- All 5 learning outcomes of Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework, in particular Outcome 2 and Outcome 3.
Please join us:
Early Bird tickets available from 10 am Monday April 1st until 5pm April 15th. Just $100 (plus booking fee) for EESSA members.