Improving Writing – How do I use that mentor text? (ALEA)
August 1 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm$20 – $50
Improving writing – How do I use that mentor text?
• Thursday 1 August – Twilight 4:30pm to 7:00pm
• Education Development Centre, Milner Street, Hindmarsh
• Registration fee from $40 – $50 (Student $20)
This practical workshop facilitated by Bronwyn Custance for ALEA SA will use children’s literature as mentor texts to develop understandings of how authors use language effectively to engage their audience and convey their message.
The session will be underpinned by the Australian Curriculum: English – Language strand and will:
• explore ways mentor texts can be used to develop a metalanguage
• show how this metalanguage assists students in constructing their own texts
• also show how this metalanguage assists students in deconstructing, critically analysing and comprehending other texts across the curriculum.
ALEA SA is a member of Educators SA. Educators SA member associations are endorsed by the Department for Education as preferred providers of literacy and numeracy professional learning services.
All courses aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. This information will be provided on your certificate with the workshop hours of attendance.
Further information and registration online through ALEA