Maths300: Working like a mathematician
October 20 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$40 – $50
The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT) and the Mathematical Association of South Australia (MASA) invite you to a half-day workshop!
“The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics.” Paul Halmos
This workshop is aimed at teachers from Foundation to Year 10, with a focus on stretching students’ mathematical thinking and extending teachers’ pedagogical approaches.
You will gain experience of some rich lessons from Maths300, modelled in a way that promotes students working like a mathematician. Practical classroom ideas will be shared.
- extend your knowledge of a range of strategies to engage children in maths
- increase your confidence in teaching the maths curriculum
- plan tasks that provide explicit opportunities to ‘work like a mathematician’
- confidence in searching for Maths300 lessons to include in teaching programs
- developing a plan to influence the teaching of mathematics across your school
Bring your laptop or iPad to access the full suite of Maths300 resources.
About the presenter
Matt Skoss is long-term advocate of Maths300, having used the resource for over 20 years at Alice Springs High School (now Centralian Middle School) and Centralian Senior College. He has extensive experience providing professional learning at whole-school workshops and conferences across Australia. Matt currently works for AAMT developing resources for Maths300 and supporting Champions committed
to the reSolve: Maths by Inquiry project.
Queries: email@example.com, 0418 624 631, http://maths300.com