Let’s celebrate World Teachers’ Day!
On the 26th of October 2018 we celebrate the ways that teachers change lives every day. We come together to recognise and present awards to outstanding educators, who have been nominated by their peers as leaders in the profession. Many of the awards presented at the Educators SA World Teachers’ Day event are awards presented by our member associations to highlight very special achievements.
World Teachers’ Day was established by UNESCO in 1994 to draw public attention to the important role of teachers in building a better future for the world’s children. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries on 5th October and in Australia we celebrate World Teachers’ Day on the last Friday of the month.
It’s that time of the year for you to get involved in our annual “World Teachers’ Day” celebration event!
There are three ways to get involved:
1) Come along as a group of your Committee/Board members to join in the celebrations
Complete the details of your (up to) three attendees on the “Association Response Form” and email it in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Have one of your own “association awards” presented on the night and have one of your members come along to receive their award
Complete the details of your award on the “Association Response Form” and email it in to email@example.com.
3) Nominate a colleague to receive one of the Annual “Educators SA”/ partner awards:
- Credit Union SA Teachers Supporting Teachers
- Credit Union SA Innovative Association
- Credit Union SA Early Career Educator
- TRB Induction and Mentoring Early Career Award
- WEF Award
All forms due in by 12 noon on Monday 24th September!
Minister’s Arts Education Awards 2018